- Emily Horne back in court after tricking medics to feed her addiction
- She was jailed for bigamy in 2004 after being married four times
- Received suspended sentence for bigamy in 2009 which could be activated
- A serial bigamist posed as her seventh ‘husband’ in order to get prescription drugs to feed her addiction to sedatives and painkillers
After being refused drugs by a doctor in Ilchester, Somerset, Emily Horne, 33, dressed up as a man and told medics she was her husband, Craig Hadwin, serving in the Navy at RNAS Yeovilton, Somerset.
She had ‘married’ him earlier this year in a bogus ceremony in Scotland before using his name to dupe doctors into giving her sleeping pills.
- Prosecutor Gordon Richings said: ‘She said he was in the navy and based at nearby RNAS Yeovilton and the sick bay was closed but the defendant attended the appointment herself purporting to be Craig Hadwin.
‘She was wearing trousers and a baggy football shirt and had extremely short cropped hair but the doctor was taken in and prescribed her two sleeping pills.’